Wednesday, December 16

Geminid Meteor Shower!


2009
the first and also the second time I've ever seen meteors falling from the skies!
The first was the leonid meteor shower,
which disappointed me much
as I only managed to see one meteor.


However, the second time which took place just recently,
was the Geminid Meteor Shower.

It was totally awesome!!!
10 meteors for the first night,
i.e. 13th Dec 09 12am - 2am,
34 meteors for the second night,
i.e. 14th Dec 12am - 2am ; 2am - 4am
and 3 meteors for the third night as it was cloudy,
i.e. 15th Dec from 12 - 215am

The experience of lying on the jogging track,
with a pillow with newspapers below,
and a blanket to minimise mosquito bites,
gazing into the dark skies,
waiting patiently for meteors
to appear...

Albeit each's appearance only lasted for a few miniseconds,
it was simply thrilling and fantastic
to wish upon a shooting star!

I managed to make around 10 wishes
for me and my family,
and helped a few god sisters' and
those whom I care
wish too!

Hopefully, most wishes will come true in the near future...
And yes, from this moment onwards,
my hobby is officially, none other than 
meteor gazing !


4 comments:

cynthia said...

which jogging track do you mean? hope to see one too but till now still didnt manage to.

TkY said...

mmu jogging track lo...
beside the swimming pool

cynthia said...

let me know if next time got meteor again.

TkY said...

ok, sure thing...
sry i reacted so blurry this afternoon, was suffering from Alzhiemer's disease, forgotten whether i brought my water tumbler to class anot @.@